Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Traditional Martini

This one is tough.  This might be the most recognizable cocktail.  This is my take on the Traditional Martini.

Glass:
Up or Martini

Ingredients:
Gin
Dry Vermouth

Proportions:
 1. Add Dry Vermouth






2. Swirl Vermouth so it coats the inside of the glass. Then pour Vermouth out.








3. Add chilled Gin









4. Shake over ice.  Strain contents back into glass.  This is a preference but I
chose to shake because this produces chips of ice that help bring out the flavor in the Gin.

5. Finish with olives.  This part is highly personal.  I chose 3 cocktail olives.  But there is arrange of different options including stuffed olives, onions (know as a Gibson) this list is quite long but try anything that sounds good.  One of my favorite alternative items is pickled string beans.  I usually add 2 or 3 depending on size.




No comments:

Post a Comment